Commercial Office Window Treatments
In general, commercial design is not as detailed or attractive as residential design, and usually, the window treatments are more functional than decorative. However, you might be able to get both. Start by thinking about the three basic questions below, and then speak to a trained consultant at Shutter Guy here in Charleston. We can help you find the right treatment for your office.
- Do you want your window treatments to stand out or blend in?
- Should they be horizontal or vertical?
- Should they diffuse or deflect light and sound?
Standing Out vs. Blending In
When window treatments stand out, they become the focal point of the room. When a window treatment blends in, it will simply do what it’s needed to do—control light and privacy. You can never go wrong with having a window treatment blend in. Consider going with Hunter Douglas Silhouette® Window Shadings.
Horizontal or Vertical Window Treatments
With so many options available in both horizontal and vertical window treatments, your commercial design options are unlimited. If you have windows that are taller than they are wide, go horizontal window coverings will work best. If your windows are wider than they are tall, vertical window coverings will be most suitable. Skyline™ Gliding Panels actually work great in both applications.
Diffuse or Deflect
Diffusing or deflecting light can be handled in a variety of ways, including adding room-darkening backings. All window treatments diffuse sound to a certain degree, but fabric products seem to work the best. Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades are an excellent choice for blocking sound and are the most energy-efficient shade on the market today.
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions offers a variety of operating options:
- LiteRise® – A cordless system that you push up with your hand to raise and pull down to lower. Your blinds and shades stay in place until you move them again
- PowerView™ – A wireless operating system gives you the power to control and schedule your Hunter Douglas window treatments from your smartphone, tablet, or a remote control
- Standard Cordlock – A cord, that locks into place for easy operation and a cleaner appearance. The cords are then wrapped around a cleat
- And more!
Office Window Treatments in Charleston SC Area
Serving the greater Charleston area, the window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations.
Contact us to schedule a consultation, and be sure to check out our Calling Out Cancer program to see how a percentage of your purchase with us goes toward cancer support and research.