How are window treatments for doors different from window treatments for windows? A door serves a much different purpose than a window, which means it should be looked at differently from a style perspective, too. Most doors are used much more frequently than windows, and they require more room to open and close. Doors are often floor to ceiling. Windows are typically about 30-40″ above the floor. Also, doors are usually flush with the wall, while most windows have a frame which allows for inside-mount if desirable. All these features of doors makes them unique when it comes to selecting window coverings.
Best Window Coverings for Doors
Whether your want your window and door window coverings to complement or contrast each other, you have several options to achieve a great look with blinds and shades. For example, if your living room has two windows and a sliding glass door, and your adjacent kitchen has a large but short window over the sink and a skylight, you have several distinct window covering needs. Take a look below at the many different window fashion combinations for your doors and windows:
- If you have honeycomb shades on your windows, try custom draperies or vertical honeycomb shades on your sliding glass door.
- If you have wood blinds on your windows, try vertical blinds or complementary custom-made curtains on your doors.
- If you have bamboo woven wood shades on your windows, try vertical woven wood panels on your door.
- If you have sheer shadings on your windows, try sheer verticals on your door.
- If you have roman shades on your windows, try split-draw drapes on your door.
Window Coverings for Doors in Charleston
Serving the greater Charleston area, the window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations. Contact us to schedule a consultation, and be sure to check out our Calling Out Cancer program to see how a percentage of your purchase with us goes toward cancer support and research.