Draperies, valances, and window toppers can add softness and style to your windows. While drapes can be a stand-alone window covering, fabric window fashions are often used in conjunction with blinds and shades. At Shutter Guy serving the Charleston, SC, area, we offer custom drapery services as well as a wide variety of blinds and shades from leading manufacturers such as Graber, AVBCO, Century Products, Hunter Douglas, and more. Here are some ways to combine draperies and top treatments with various blinds and shades.
Honeycomb shades provide a clean appearance in your window and are the most energy efficient hard window treatment on the market today. Spice them up with these ideas:
- Add a fabric cornice, valance or top treatment will cover the headrail and provide a more finished look.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted inside the window frame to stop light coming in from the sides of the shade.
- Add draperies or drapery panels to honeycomb shades mounted on the outside of your window to cover the hard sidelines of the shade and create a more refined appearance.
Woven Wood Shades
The natural look of woven wood shades provides casual ambiance that goes with any decor. Woven wood shades are made from natural woods, reeds, bamboo and grasses that allow light to softly filter into the room. Add fabric treatments like one of these:
- Add draperies to the sides of woven wood shades that you can close when the sun is intense or you want full privacy.
- Select neutral colors and patterns to complement the natural beauty of woven wood shades.
- Add a valance above your woven wood shades to highlight the color scheme in your
With adjustable louvers, wood blinds can be tilted to allow as much light as you would like in the room. Their somewhat heavy appearance, though, can come off looking stark. Here are some ideas to soften their look:
- Add a fabric top treatment to soften the look of your windows and accent the natural wood blinds.
- Add a wood cornice to blend your wood blinds with any home décor.
- Add drapery panels in any color, style, texture or pattern to highlight your wood blinds.
Window Treatment and Drapery Pairs – Charleston Area
Serving the greater Charleston area, the window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations. Contact us to schedule a consultation, and be sure to check out our Calling Out Cancer program to see how a percentage of your purchase with us goes toward cancer support and research.