Window Treatment Measuring & Installation Is Important
Never underestimate the importance of properly installed window treatments—it will never end well. Here’s why it’s great to have a professional measure and install your blinds, shades, shutters, and draperies.
- The installer is a trained specialist in the field
- The installer has the knowledge, tricks, and tools to do the job right—for example, the installer will take into consideration the architectural features in your home, like doors, moldings, radiators, window frames, etc., and will ensure that the weight of your treatment is properly supported
- The installer will ensure that your window treatment functions properly
- The installer will see problems that perhaps you would never have seen or thought of. For example, the window treatment you selected cannot be installed inside your window frame because there isn’t enough depth
- Finally, the installer with guarantee their work
To be sure you get the best from your window treatment purchase, here at Shutter Guy serving the Charleston area, we will always offer the services of professional installers. The installer makes magic happen, so your window treatments give you years of beauty and function properly.
Things to Consider
- Windows usually carry a tall vertical line. They let in light and are most of the time the focal point in a room. An incorrectly measured or installed window treatment will be magnified. The measurement and installation of your new window treatments are critical in the beauty and the finished look.
- Know your color. It can go on the wall or the window treatment or both. The more colors used in a space, the more confusing and busy the space will be. A simple trick is, if you have a window with a view, let the view be the view.
- Know your use of space. Figure out your focal point and then group the furniture around it. For example, in the living room, it could be the window with a view. Once you understand your layout and what is going in front of the window, this will help you determine which window treatments and lifting systems are appropriate for the space.
Professionally Installed Window Treatments in the Charleston, Summerville SC Areas
The window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations. We service Charleston, SC and surrounding areas including, Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, Folly Beach, Mt Pleasant, Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Awendah, Goose Creek, and the “Low Country.” Contact us to schedule a consultation, and be sure to check out our Calling Out Cancer program to see how a percentage of your purchase with us goes toward cancer support and research.