If you’re in the market for plantation shutters, you’re probably aware that they come in many different louver sizes. Shutter louvers from Hunter Douglas come in 2-1/2″, 3-1/2″, or 4-1/2″. It’s important to choose the right size of louver, so the helpful specialists at Shutter Guy here in Charleston will be more than happy to walk you through the selection.
Rules of Thumb When Considering Shutters
With plantation shutters, you’ll get great visibility and light control just by slightly adjusting the louver angle. Of course, if you have a beautiful view, remember, the larger the louver, the greater the view. Keep in mind that it is difficult to see into or out of the room when louvers are tilted no matter which size they are, so privacy will not be an issue. Also, don’t feel like you have to go with a smaller louver just because you have a smaller window.
Benefits of Each Shutter Size
- 2-1/2” Louvers – This size is typically selected for a more traditional look and often for windows that are less than three feet high.
- 3-1/2” Louvers – This larger-size louver is the most requested of all louver sizes, mostly because it provides a dramatic difference in what you see and how much natural light flows into the room. This is an ideal size if the majority of your windows are 36″ high or greater.
- 4-1/2” Louvers – This size provides the fewest number of louvers for any given window. It is popular for taller windows and rooms with oversized ceiling heights. If you enjoy your outside view, this is the louver size for you.
Hunter Douglas Shutters
Hunter Douglas has several lines to choose from:
- NewStyle® Hybrid Shutters – combines a wood style with the strength and stability of man-made materials for beauty and durability
- Heritance® Hardwood Shutters – handcrafted to accentuate the inherent characteristics and colors of natural wood
- Palm Beach™ Polysatin Shutters – constructed from a UV-resistant polysatin compound that is guaranteed not to fade, crack, or warp
Plantation Shutters in the Charleston, Isle of Palms SC Areas
The window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations. We service Charleston, SC and surrounding areas including, Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, Folly Beach, Mt Pleasant, Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Awendah, Goose Creek, and the “Low Country.” Contact us to schedule a consultation, and be sure to check out our Calling Out Cancer program to see how a percentage of your purchase with us goes toward cancer support and research.