Have you ever noticed how, when you walk into a room, the window is often the first place your eye goes to? That’s because a window carries a strong vertical line and lets in light. At Shutter Guy here in Charleston, South Carolina, we want to help our customers put their best foot forward with the right window treatment for each room and its style and décor. To help determine what’s best for your home, speak with one of our consultants today!
Make a Good First Impression With Window Treatments
Hunter Douglas Parkland® hardwood blinds offer a simplicity that is wonderful. This product gives the room privacy, great light control, and a feeling of space, and it helps create a focal point in the room. And Hunter Douglas offers other great products that can do the same, depending on your needs. Here are some tips for how to go about buying window fashions:
- Be sure to treat the window last. Treat its function (such as lighting control) first, and then add stylistic elements if you want or need to.
- Remember, if you treat the windows before you place your furnishings in the room, you’ll overtreat the window. Once you have treated the window, it is easy to add to it, but if you put a lot on the window all at once, it could be expensive to change it.
- Dress the window as though it were the frame to a painting. The heavier the treatment, the harder it is for a person to see the other design elements in the area. The lighter or lesser a treatment is, the easier it is for a person to see the other room elements.
Hunter Douglas offers numerous options, including:
- Parkland® Hardwood Blinds
- Provenance® Woven Wood Blinds
- Vignette® Modern Roman Shades
- Roller, Honeycomb & Vertical Blinds
Finding the Right Treatments in the Charleston SC Area
The window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations. We service Charleston, SC and surrounding areas including, Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, Folly Beach, Mt Pleasant, Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Awendah, Goose Creek, and the “Low Country.”