Have you ever stopped to consider the role light plays in the overall ambience of a room? From natural light to electric light, most rooms have it all, but sometimes homeowners don’t make the best use of it. See some thoughts below, and then speak with a trained consultant at Shutter Guy in Charleston. We’ll be happy to help you determine the role window treatments play with light.
LED Light Bulbs
Today’s LED bulbs are so much different from the incandescent lights of the past, and it’s important that we learn “How to Use It.” Did you know that the old incandescent bulb wasted 90% of its energy as heat, not light? You might be interested to find out that the LED (Light-Emitting Diode) bulb is at least 75% more efficient than the traditional incandescent light bulb.
Powerful Design Element
There are a lot of different types of LED bulbs out there, and they all can make a room’s light seem different. You just need to find the right one for your lifestyle. Keep these things in mind:
- Think about the colors in your space. If you’ve got magenta, red, red-orange, orange, gold, or yellow tones, using a warm light bulb is usually the way to go
- If you’ve got green, teal, blue, indigo, or purple, choose lights that are cool
- All rooms should have three levels of lighting: task light, general illumination to fill the space, and mood lighting
Window Exposure Makes a Difference
Natural light from windows impacts how a room feels as well. If your windows have a southern or western exposure, you’ll get warm light coming through. If your windows have an eastern or a northern exposure, you’ll get cool light coming through. You can control light through the window with the addition of window treatments. The materials and opacities you select will provide different effects, for example:
- A semi-opaque fabric in a Duette® Honeycomb Shade will soften the light
- Blinds with louvers like Heritance® Hardwood Shutters will allow you to tilt the light up or down
- The natural fibers used in Provenance® Woven Textures will filter light gently
We’re Here to Help
At Shutter Guy serving Charleston, we’ll be happy to discuss lighting elements and how your window treatment choices can impact them.
The window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations.
Window Treatments in Charleston SC Area
The Shutter Guy operates in a 100 mile radius of Charleston, SC, including, Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, Folly Beach, Mt Pleasant, Georgetown, Myrtle Beach, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Awendah, Goose Creek, the “Low Country” and surrounding areas.