How to Have a Successful Remodeling Project
With the housing market a little unpredictable, many people in the Charleston area are choosing to remodel their homes instead of moving. Whether it’s one room or the entire house, remodeling can help you feel like you’re living in a brand new space without packing a single box! Remodeling can be expensive, though. Follow these tips to have a successful remodeling project.
- Make window treatments part of your remodeling project. By controlling the amount of natural light, your window treatments not only add a complementary style, they control the mood as well. New window treatments are a great place to start your remodeling project.
- Read the fine print about your materials. Products such as window treatments, cabinets, and flooring will come with a warranty. Make sure you understand what’s covered, what’s not, and where to go if you need help in the future.
- Unless you’re really good, DIY can spell trouble. Hire a professional to measure and install your new flooring, window treatments, counters and other items where precision is absolutely critical.
- Work with people you can trust. When you choose a contractor for your remodeling project, look for one who listens to you and will make your project a top priority.
- Make a list, check it twice. Look at the big picture, then work into the details to ensure your remodeling project turns out exactly the way you want it.
- Prioritize. One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make when tackling a remodeling project is to make it so broad in scope they lose focus on their original intentions. Prioritization and staged remodeling is often more successful.
- Find the perfect finishing touches. From custom fabric elements to simple accents, the finishing touches you choose for your remodeling project are almost as important as the structural design.
Remodeling Help in Charleston
Serving the greater Charleston area, the window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for your remodeling project! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations. Contact us to schedule a consultation, and be sure to check out our Calling Out Cancer program to see how a percentage of your purchase with us goes toward cancer support and research.