Honeycomb shades have come a long way since they were first developed decades ago. Now, you have many options to make your honeycomb shade work for you. When you work with The Shutter Guy serving the Charleston area, we’ll bring our mobile showroom to you so you can see how our shades will look and function in your home. Here are some factors to consider as you shop for honeycomb shades:
1. What room(s) are the shades for — bedroom, living room, kitchen, den?
2. What kind of privacy are you looking for — light filtering or total darkness?
3. What type of window is this for — small window, double hung window, sliding glass door, specialty shape?
4. Do you need vertical or horizontal application – opening side-to-side or up and down?
5. Is energy efficiency and UV protection an issue – extreme cold or heat or windows getting too much direct sunlight?
6. How do you want to operate your shades – cordless, motorization, top-down/bottom up?
What Is a Honeycomb Shade?
The name comes from these tried-and-true shade comes from its unique construction which looks like a beehive. The distinctive honeycomb design traps air before it reaches your room, improving the energy efficiency of your home. honeycomb shades are also excellent for soundproofing, light control, and specialty window shapes. Even better, honeycomb shades offer the largest opacity selection in a window treatment, from sheer to blackout.
Buy Honeycomb Shades in Charleston
The Shutter Guy offers honeycomb shades from leading companies such as, Vista Products, Graber, Century Blinds, Horizons Window Fashions, EcoSmart, and Hunter Douglas Window Fashions, just to name a few. Serving the greater Charleston area, the window treatment professionals at the Shutter Guy are trained to assist you in the selection of the right treatment for YOUR windows! Our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows how to ask the right questions to ensure your new window treatments exceed your expectations. Contact us to schedule a consultation, and be sure to check out our Calling Out Cancer program to see how a percentage of your purchase with us goes toward cancer support and research.